Monday, September 10, 2012

Tour: The Wolf's Maine by Jinni James (Guest Post)

Tour hosted by Bewitching Book Tours



The Wolfs Maine by Jinni James

Genre:  Paranormal Romance

ISBN:  147838431X
ASIN: 978-1478384311

Number of pages: 206
Word Count:  55,702

Cover Artist:  Elaina Lee with For the Muse Designs


 

Avalon felt like her life was set on repeat. Every new day was just like the one before until Avalon's friends talk her into venturing out and leaving her dead end marriage behind. Little did she know that she would meet her soul mate face to face and that he would ignite a desire in her that she never knew existed. John had been watching over Avalon ever since her parents died when she was three but she had no clue.\


She had only been talking to him online for two years. She slowly learns that there is a whole world and a whole story she had not known about involving every one she knows and cares for. Her husband Nicholas is not the man she thought him to be, if he is a man at all and John seems to be more than he lets on as well. Avalon soon discovers the hidden truths but can she handle it? With Nicholas seeking vengeance can John and her friends help her?


Short Excerpt:

My breath stops as he gets closer to me.  Then I see him.  He is even more gorgeous than his picture.  He has such beautiful features, dark as night hair, beautiful green eyes that I could lose myself in, six feet of total perfection standing in front of me in jeans and a black sweater. 

“Ava dear. Breathe.” 

I let out a long breath that I hadn’t realized I was still holding but yet I still can’t talk.  I am just frozen which wouldn’t be a surprise standing out here but I am not even cold, just a complete statue.  This man in front of me can’t be interested in me, there is just no way.  He could have any beautiful, tall, blonde chick he wanted.  That is the only type of woman that would look right standing next to him. 

“Ava. Are you ok?” 

I just stare at him but I did manage a “I..uh..I..yes.” 

He giggles as he walks up to me and wraps his arms around me for a hug.  “I have been waiting for this moment for so long.  I am so happy you decided to come over.  I hope you do not feel uncomfortable at my home.” 

No, I just feel uncomfortable with how beautiful he is. 

“Thank you for having me.” 

“Ah, she talks!”

He lets out a laugh again and I can feel myself manage a smile.

Author Bio:

Jinni James is an administrative assistant, wife, and mother of two girls as well as a step mother based in Huntsville, Alabama.  Since child hood she has written many short stories and poems but never dreamed of writing a novel.  She attempted to write many stories but never finished.  Finally she was in the perfect place in her life to write a story that had been invading her thoughts and dreams for a very long time.  That story blossomed into her first novel The Wolfs Maine.  She is now currently working on her next novel.  



  
Guest Post by Jinni James:


The Wolfs Maine: My Inspiration 

My inspiration for The Wolfs Maine has always been in the back of my mind.  It comes from a very personal place. I have mentioned before how Avalon and I share a lot of the same characteristics and I am about to explain why.  

I had to think long and hard about the plot line for this story.  Avalon is in deed married when she ventures out and meets her soul mate and falls in love.  I knew while writing this story that would not sit well with a lot of people, (not that I blame them) but I decided to take the risk.  I mean isn't that what we are supposed to do when writing?  I was married for too many years that I care to admit to an alcoholic, abusive, husband.  We had our good moments but mostly they were just bad.  I felt like I was always walking on egg shells trying to make sure I didn't upset him, especially when he was drinking.  I used to lay down at night and dream of finding someone else.  Someone who would actually love me and cherish me like I thought a man should.  I used to day dream about going out and cheating just to find what I was looking for but I would like to say for the record that while I dreamed about it I did not do it.  That is where these characters came from.  As I lay there at night and dream of this the story unfolded in my imagination.  Avalon went out and did everything I was dreaming of. I channeled my energy into her and The Wolfs Maine was born.  

I am happy to say that I finally found the courage to end that marriage.  While it was a terribly hard decision I had to do what was best for my children.  Since then I can finally say that I found my soul mate and he and I have been married for one year come this October.  I found the love that Avalon and John experience and I could not be happier.  Now that I am in such a great place in my life I find myself writing more and more.  I wrote one book and now I am addicted.  I find my inspirations from everywhere, within my life, my friends, or I just let my imagination fly.  

I hope that if you pick up my book The Wolfs Maine that you enjoy it.  I plan on writing two follow ups to it that are based on the other characters in the story so you can look out for those.

Thank you so much for your time today.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...