The Shadow Slayers, Book 3
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Date of Publication: May 21,2013
Number of pages: 263 pages
Word Count: 83,000
Cover Artist: Angela Waters
Amazon // BN // Samhain
In a world of shadows, a pure heart can be the most dangerous weapon of all.
Kara has been training for months to help take down Brakken—the merciless black-wing who is making life hell for the Demiáre. But when Julian discovers a scout has been tracking Kara, he wants her out of the fight—even if it means breaking her heart in the process.
Gavin isn’t much better. He’s already lost so much to Brakken and has no intention of allowing the woman he loves to be the next sacrifice. He and Julian have their hands full trying to fight Brakken’s army and keep Kara safe, especially after her recent visit to the mythical white-wings. Since her return, she’s been acting decidedly…strange.
With a terrible battle looming, Kara doesn’t have time to think about her conflicted feelings for Gavin and Julian—or the fact that she’s developed an unnatural taste for Gavin’s blood. But if she thought it was complicated evading mysterious scouts and fending off vicious black-wings, she’s learning that’s nothing compared to loving two strong-willed men.
Product Warnings: This book contains angels that aren’t what they seem, a heroine with mad midwifery skills, and a metamorphosis that will change life as we knew it.
Hi, everyone! I’m so glad to be visiting A Bibliophiles Thoughts on Books today! Thank you for having me, Christina! As I’ve been celebrating the release of Dark Flight, the third novel in my spicy urban fantasy series, I’ve been thinking a lot about readers—not only because I have some awesome, supportive readers out there, but because I myself am a pretty devoted fan of some of my favorite authors.
So how can you tell if you’re a run-of-the-mill reader or if you take your favorite books a little more seriously? After scratching my head at some of my own neurotic reader tendencies, I decided it might be helpful to give you a checklist.
I posted this list last week and had so much fun reading everyone’s comments that I thought we could do it again. Only this time—I’m sweetening the pot! One lucky person who comments this week will receive all FOUR e-books in The Shadow Slayers series (3 full-length novels and book 2.5, a novella). So how Hard Core are you?
The top ten signs that you may be HARDCORE READER:
1 You can’t remember your extended family’s birthdays, but you can remember what the hero of your favorite book bought the heroine for her birthday, where they were, and what she was wearing at the time.
2. You not only named your child after a favorite character, most of your pets’ full names start with Lord and Lady.
3. After a book ends, you go to bed thinking about the hero’s and heroine’s lives and wondering if they’re going to be okay. If there were a number for them in the book, you’d call it just to be sure.
4. Your version of Doomsday prepping is ensuring you have a five-year emergency power supply for your e-reader.
5. You aren’t a 100% sure that vampires and werewolves aren’t real. When you bite your inner lip while eating breakfast, you wonder if your fangs might finally be growing in.
6. You have a tattoo somewhere on your body that only another fan or someone from a fictional world would “get.”
7. You’ve shouted at too-stupid-to-live characters so many times that family members no longer run into the room to see who’s getting beat. When they see that look in your eye and a book in your hand, they steer clear.
8. You practice your signature with your first name and your favorite hero’s last name. You like it so much, you start writing fan fiction so you can kill off the heroine.
9. When your husband asks you if the baby is his, you have to stop and think for a moment. You’re relieved when you realize you weren’t actually in the room with the hero and heroine of that last erotica novel.
10. When you have a really bad day, you pull out your favorite book—one you’ve already read a dozen times with deeply dog-eared pages. Because when times are tough, there’s no one else you would rather hang out with.
Do any of those sound familiar? If so, you are truly a Hardcore Reader! Do you want to be entered to win all 4 books in my spicy urban fantasy series? Just saying “hi” is good enough, but you will score bonus points in my heart if you finish this sentence in the comments below: You know you’re a HARDCORE READER when…
Good luck and happy reading, my friends!!
About this Author:
Cassi Carver lives in sunny Southern California with two dogs, four kids, five chickens, and one hubby who gives great massages. She gets to San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter for research (okay, happy hour) as often as possible. She’s never saved the world, but she keeps sexy boots on hand just in case the opportunity arises.
When Cassi isn’t busy plotting or writing, she enjoys reading, spending time with family and friends, caring for pets, getting outdoors, and watching sappy movies that deliver reliably happy endings.
GIVEAWAY:a Rafflecopter giveaway