Saturday, December 31, 2011

Saying Good-Bye to 2011: Happy New Year!!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



As we walk into the new year, we have to say goodbye to 2011 and focus on our goals and aspirations for 2012.


Photobucket
Photobucket

I've had a pretty good 2011. I've had firsts and lasts, victories and losses, and I've met a lot of great people along the way.


I won my first contest/giveaway on Peace, Love, Teen Fiction: a bookmark pack.

I won my first First-Reads giveaway on Goodreads: Moonlight (Pact Arcanum, #3).

I started my book reviews blog: Zodiac Book Reviews.

I started A Bibliophile's Thoughts on Books after a couple failed attempts that I wasn't happy with. I'm very happy with this one though.

I completed my Goodreads Reading Challenge with 113 books read in 2011 (that's not including manga, otherwise the number would be over 200).

I participated in my first blog event: Wonderfully Wicked Read-A-Thon.

I started my Facebook Page: Twin Dragons Knowledge- Books & More.

I got a Twitter account!

And so many other things, I can't think of them all.


Goals for 2012

I hope to write a lot more reviews than I did in 2011. I already have a few lined up that the author's requested from me.

I hope to bring more content and readership to A Bibliophile's Thoughts on Books.

I'm upping my Goodreads Reading Challenge goal to 125 books read in 2012 (not including manga).

I'm participating in the Wicked Winter Read-A-Thon. Yay for the #WWReaders!!

I'm taking part in 3 other reading challenges: YA Mythology Challenge, Dystopian Reading Challenge, and Immortals Reading Challenge.

And I hope a meet a bunch of new people in 2012, and having fun with those I already know!



Now what's the new year without singing a little song? (I'm sure you know which one I'm talking about).

English Translation

Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind ?
Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and old lang syne ?
CHORUS:
For auld lang syne, my dear,  
for auld lang syne,  
we'll take a cup of kindness yet,  
for auld lang syne.
And surely you’ll buy your pint cup !
and surely I’ll buy mine !
And we'll take a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.
CHORUS
We two have run about the slopes,
and picked the daisies fine ;
But we’ve wandered many a weary foot,
since auld lang syne.
CHORUS
We two have paddled in the stream,
from morning sun till dine ;
But seas between us broad have roared
since auld lang syne.
CHORUS
And there’s a hand my trusty friend !
And give us a hand o’ thine !
And we’ll take a right good-will draught,
for auld lang syne.
CHORUS




Happy 2012, everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...