Friday, March 9, 2012

Follow Friday (#5): Book You Thought Was Going to be Horrible Based on the Cover


Follow Friday is a weekly event hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read--a great way to discover new amazing blogs and new friends!

Q: Have you ever looked at book’s cover and thought, This is going to horrible? But, was instead pleasantly surprised? Show us the cover and tell us about the book. 

Answer: I totally did not think I would like Human.4. I thought the cover looked kind of gross with the wiry things coming out the the guy's hand, but once I started reading I just couldn't stop. It's not a very long book and you can finish it within a couple hours, but I found it very riveting.

Here's the summary from Goodreads:

Kyle Straker volunteered to be hypnotized at the annual community talent show, expecting the same old lame amateur acts. But when he wakes up, his world will never be the same. Televisions and computers no longer work, but a strange language streams across their screens. Everyone’s behaving oddly. It’s as if Kyle doesn’t exist.

Is this nightmare a result of the hypnosis? Will Kyle wake up with a snap of fingers to roars of laughter? Or is this something much more sinister?

Narrated on a set of found cassette tapes at an unspecified point in the future, Human.4 is an absolutely chilling look at technology gone too far.

3 comments:

  1. Hey :) Great Post :)

    I'm a new follower :)

    Here's My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh--that hand creeps me out! New follower. Here’s my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Synopsis sounds ok, but I definitely would have glanced right over that cover. It's so freaky!

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...