Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (#14): Revelation by Lauren Dane


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: 
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teaser:

"You're like herpes, you keep coming back. Beth, please don't take this the wrong way, but you're a bitch. Excuse me while I take my fat ass to grab another chicken skewer. I'll think of you while I'm eating it. Also, Max isn't dating me, I'm your new sister. Please try to contain your excitement."

- Revelation by Lauren Dane, Page 179

Gibson lifted one shoulder. "Max, it's not going to stop there and you know it. She has a vision for the future of witches. One you and I both realize is totally necessary. This attack thing isn't isolated. Even when we find and eradicate this threat, there'll be more. She has a path. Like you have a path. And those will intersect. For instance, when you both drag the jamboree into the twenty-first century. She'll draw fire, but hold you to the course. We all need it."

"She couldn't just be a school teacher. No. She has to be Buffy the Fuckin' Witch Slayer or whatever."

- Revelation by Lauren Dane, Page 197

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...