Friday, April 13, 2012

Follow Friday (#10): Book You'd Be Nervous Seeing as a Movie Adaptation


Follow Friday is a weekly event hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read--a great way to discover new amazing blogs and new friends!

Q: What is one book that you would be nervous to see a movie adaption of because you think the movie could never live up to the book?

Answer: I'm kind of nervous whenever any book or series I love is being made into a movie for that very reason. I worry that the movie adaptation will completely ruin the story, especially if I'm really looking forward to seeing it on the big screen. You think about the actors who are going to be playing your favorite characters and wonder if they will fit what you imagined the characters to look like. Then there's the story itself. Will they make the movie true to the original story, or will they chop it up so much you can't tell it's based off the book? That's what really makes me worry. I love when they make the movies true to the book. I've seen a few where they changed the story so much that I wouldn't have been able to tell it was based off the book if I hadn't read it first.

But there are a couple series that would make me nervous to see a movie adaptation:

The WOMEN OF THE OTHERWORLD series by Kelley Armstrong and the FEVER series by Karen Marie Moning.

What books would you be nervous to see made into a movie?

7 comments:

  1. New follower!

    Yes, it's always really scary to see your favorite books made into movies.
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/04/follow-friday_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine the Fever series in movie format. They'd have to edit some things, that's for sure!

    The Chaos Walking trilogy worries me the most.
    My follow friday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely agree with the Kelly Moning series :) Honestly don't know how that would turn into a movie!

    Happy Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone else mention Fever, as well. New follower :) (You're almost to 100 followers! Yay!)

    My FF Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog! I’m a new follower - I followed you through GFC and Linky Tools. Follow me back over at http:www.bethebooks.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have yet to read either of those, but they've been in my TBR pile for a while! I'm a new follower by the way. Check out my FF at Best of YA (best-of-ya.blogspot.com) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i havent read either of these series yet but they are both on my wish list! thanks for stopping by my blog earlIER> im a new follower of your :)

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...