The Looking for Alaska & Catching Jordan Read Along is hosted by Book Twirps as their February read along!
How does it work?
- Each month we will post approximately 6 books to choose from. Participants will get to vote for two books. The book with the most votes win. In the case of a tie, we will post another poll for the two books. If there’s still a tie, the host(s) will choose.
- We will post the selected book at least a week before the read-along starts so you have time to purchase, borrow, or check the book out of the library.
- A few days before the first of the month, we will post a reading schedule for each week. (Feel free to read ahead, just don’t spoil anything for the rest of us).
- We will post a set of discussion questions each week. Please join in and let us know your thoughts.
- If you are a blogger, feel free to post the discussion on your blog as well. The more the merrier.
- Respect everyone’s opinion. Reading is subjective and what one person finds brilliant, another person may hate.
- No spoilers if you read ahead.
- Have fun!
Looking for Alaska Synopsis:
Miles "Pudge" Halter's whole existence has been one big nonevent, and his obsession with famous last words has only made him crave the "Great Perhaps" (François Rabelais, poet) even more. Then he heads off to the sometimes crazy, possibly unstable, and anything-but-boring world of Culver Creek Boarding School, and his life becomes the opposite of safe. Because down the hall is Alaska Young. The gorgeous, clever, funny, sexy, self-destructive, screwed-up, and utterly fascinating Alaska Young, who is an event unto herself. She pulls Pudge into her world, launches him into the Great Perhaps, and steals his heart.
Nothing is ever the same.
Catching Jordan Synopsis:
ONE OF THE BOYS
What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though-she leads them as the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university.
But everything she's ever worked for is threatened when Ty Green moves to her school. Not only is he an amazing QB, but he's also amazingly hot. And for the first time, Jordan's feeling vulnerable. Can she keep her head in the game while her heart's on the line?
NOTE: I WILL ONLY BE PARTICIPATING IN THE LOOKING FOR ALASKA PORTION OF THIS READ ALONG, SINCE I DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO CATCHING JORDAN.