Friday, March 29, 2013

Follow Friday (#34): Most Emotional Scene You've Ever Read

Follow Friday is a weekly event hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read--a great way to discover new amazing blogs and new friends!
 
Q: Tell us about the most emotional scene you’ve ever read in a book – and how did you react?


Answer: This one is a very personal one for me, but the most emotional scene (well it may be several scenes in this book) I've ever read would have to be from New Moon by Stephenie Meyer. I felt so connected to Bella during that book, because I had gone through something similar and felt the way she did, that it nearly broke me all over again. I wasn't expecting to feel so intertwined with Bella's feelings, and New Moon was a difficult book for me to read.


Quotes that I connected to:

“The waves of pain that had only lapped at me before now reared high up and washed over my head, pulling me under. I did not resurface.”

“Time passes. Even when it seems impossible. Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.”  

“Forbidden to remember, terrified to forget; it was a hard line to walk.” 

“Sometimes I’m afraid that I’m losing myself.”

“The absence of him is everywhere I look.”

“And yet, I found I could survive. I was alert, I felt the pain - the aching loss that radiated out from my chest, sending wracking waves of hurt through my limbs and head - but it was manageable. I could live through it. I didn't feel like the pain had weakened over time, rather that I'd grown strong enough to bear it.” 

  
As you can see by the quotes, I was in like this black hole of sorrow, but New Moon help me get through it, just as much as it plunged me back in. And each time I read the book, the feelings became manageable to the point where it doesn't hurt so much to read it. So I can say with all certainty that New Moon will always be a very important book to me.

6 comments:

  1. Aww that moment in New Moon really was very dark and emotional. Hope you have a good Friday :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's tough to read an emotional part in a book when it's something that you've experienced yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I have to admit, this was really emotional part. I'm not the biggest Twilight fan but yeah this was pretty cruel.
    New Follower via GFC
    Here's my first ever F&F :) :
    Maria @ Maria's Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just came from another blog that chose a Twilight book! This wasn't really my favorite series, but as I said in another comment, it is interesting to see all these different books that get us so emotional!! There are so many different books for all us!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah that was pretty tough!

    Old follower
    http://myloveforfilmsandnovels.blogspot.com/2013/03/feature-follow-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower.
    Love this book.
    http://kasi-kcblake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...