Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Teaser Tuesday (#42): Farsighted by Emlyn Chand


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read 
  • Open to a random page 
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 

My Teaser:

The psychic lady speaks again, stopping me cold. "Don't run away, Alex Kosmitoras." She must've spoken to Mom earlier today. That must be how she knows my name.

"I'm not running away," I say meekly. "I'm just going back to Sweet Blossoms."

"Don't run away," she repeats--this time she speaks louder and with more energy. "Don't run away from your abilities. They are gifts."

"What?" I ask in confusion. What abilities is she talking about?

"You already know. Watch. Listen. Be open to your gifts."

I turn to face Miss Teak, but find she's already gone, returning to wherever she was before I got there.

- Farsighted by Emlyn Chand, Page 17

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...