Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (#7): Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teaser:

"And you?" Evan's brother Marcus asked. "Are you with the vampires or the humans?" He fingered his wrist, and Pearl thought of Evan's swordlike horn. She tensed, calculating the distance to the exit.

- Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst, Page 299

16 comments:

  1. I loved this book, she has a new book coming out called Vessel, I'm not sure when it comes out. Thanks for checking out my TT! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to reading Vessel. Expected publication is September 11th 2012 by Margaret K. McElderry Books. The cover is really gorgeous.

      Delete
  2. I have been meaning to read this book. Great teaser. Thanks for stopping by my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser! I thought Drink Slay Love was a very funny book. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog!

    Thank you for the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really funny. That's one of the things I love about Drink Slay Love. And you're very welcome! :)

      Delete
  4. Great tease! I've heard of this book, but nothing really about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh nice - this is the first I've read from inside this book. Thanks for sharing and for visiting StuckInBooks.com TT

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the sounds of this one! What an interesting teaser - now I'm wondering if she's a vampire, or if humans are friends with vampires? It's on my TBR shelf, I just need to pick up a copy!

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    Kelly
    Radiant Shadows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I'd wonder about the swordlike horn. Like "why would he have a horn?"

      Delete
  7. I've heard good things about this one! Thanks for the teaser :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this from the library right now and have been wanting to read it forever! I'm excited! I love the cover and anything vampires is usually awesome. Thanks for visiting my TT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the cover on this one..plus I'm a fan of the vamps.. so I really want to get my hands on it before too long! It sounds awesome :D

    Thanks for dropping by my blog the other day :D

    April @ My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry it took me so long to comment i didn't have internet! But i really like this teaser i can't wait to read this =)

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...