- Take the book you are currently reading and post the third sentence.
- Share your thoughts on the sentence.
- Post a link to your blog post in the link list below. Don’t forget to link back here, too! If you don’t have a blog, just leave it in the comments here.
- Visit one or two of the other blogs to check out their third sentence.
The viscous acid of the demon's blood had already begun to eat away at the shining blade.
- Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Well, it's obvious that someone was either fighting a demon or saw someone fighting a demon, and that someone won. Now the blade is being destroyed by the demon's acidic blood. If you read the first two lines first the person fighting is Will Herondale and he's the won who just killed the demon but didn't pulled the dagger out before it got all yucky.