Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (#6): Devotion by Kristie Cook

 

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's eagerly anticipated release is:

Devotion (Soul Savers #3)
by Kristie Cook
Expected publication: February 10th 2012 by Ang'dora Productions, LLC

With powerful abilities gained from the Ang’dora and Tristan back by her side, Alexis thinks she’s ready for the next challenge—protecting her son from what appears to be the inevitable. But she has so much to learn about her powers, her new world and the people in it. Nothing is what it seems to be on the surface, including the Amadis. Having believed the secret society to be definitively good and righteous, she discovers she couldn’t have been more wrong.

Power-hungry politicians comprise the council and make impossible demands. A traitor lurks among them all, inciting trouble that could destroy the Amadis and, ultimately, humanity. The Daemoni wreak havoc in the human world, with the ultimatum that they’ll continue attacking innocents until Alexis and Tristan are expelled from the Amadis’ protection. The couple’s own society begins to shut them out. But that’s not all.

There’s a secret. A big one. And faith and hope in Alexis and Tristan will be restored if she can uncover the truth in time.

But the search for answers leads only to the discovery of more betrayals by those closest to Alexis. Her devotion is put to the test—devotion to her husband, to her family, to her people and to her beliefs—leaving her to question whom she’s fighting for and why she should even bother. But if she won’t fight … who will?
I am totally crazy about the Soul Savers series! After everything that's happened to Alexis and Tristan it's hard to imagine that it could get worse. All I'm going to say (since I'm only about 58% finished with Purpose) is that with the release fast approaching I'm really excited to see what happens next with this story and these characters that I've grown to love.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, interesting. Why do I always, and I mean always, find SERIES instead of simple one time books I want to read?! ^^ Thx for sharing this, it got me curious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this series but it sounds really good and i like the cover =) Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pick! I haven't heard of this series, but ive heard Cook's books are good. Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOo I really like this cover! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your pick! I can't wait for you to read it, either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this series before, but it sounds like you are excited about this release!
    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  7. New to me but sounds like my kind of thing! Very exciting and paranormal. I love it!
    Thanks for visiting My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one definitely sounds intriguing. Looks like the MC is a kick-butt kind of chick, too. Yay!

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...