Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (#8): Tempted by Blood by Laurie London


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's eagerly anticipated release is:

Tempted by Blood (Sweetblood #3)
by Laurie London
Expected publication: February 21st 2012 by HQN Books

Deep within the forests of the Pacific Northwest, the battle for supremacy rages on between two Vampire coalitions:

Guardian enforcers sworn to protect humanity, and Darkbloods, rogues who kill like their ancient ancestors….

He might be known for his effortless charm, but Guardian Jackson Foss is hiding a terrible secret. For months, he has battled the emergence of his dark nature—deadly urges that threaten to consume him. And those cravings only intensify when he meets Arianna Wells, the human he's been assigned to protect. Smart and perceptive, Arianna doesn't seem like a dangerous temptress. Yet she awakens in Jackson an unstoppable need that, if left unchecked, will brand him a traitor…a crime punishable by death.

But soon their bond may be Arianna's only hope. For stalking her in the shadows is a merciless enemy—one who will stop at nothing to claim her completely….

I recently finished the first book in the Sweetblood series, Bonded by Blood, and I absolutely loved it. I'm excited to start the second book, Embraced by Blood, and I can't wait for the release of the third book. First we read about Dominic and Mackenzie, then Alfonso and Lily, and now Jackson and Arianna. And lets not forget the novellas in this series Hidden by Blood and Enchanted by Blood (which is in the A Vampire for Christmas anthology). I just love the whole world of this series and the characters that live in it.

9 comments:

  1. The story kinda sounds like the Dark Carpathians Series by Christine Feehan, if you know those. I love the Feehan books, so I might have a look at this, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any books in the Sweetblood series before, but this sounds really interesting. I hope you enjoy it when it's released! :)

    Sorry about the last comment - typos! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried this series, but it sounds like a good read. Thanks for sharing it.
    Thanks for stopping by my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh, that cover really makes me want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing it.adding book1 on my wishlist
    hope u get it soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't read this series, but looks like you don't have long to wait for this one!
    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pick! I've heard of this series, but haven't had the chance to read them. I do like the cover of this one. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful pick, Christina! This series is on my Wishlist! Looks great!!

    Thanks for stopping by and visiting my WoW: http://darlenesbooknook.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-death-drops-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I've read a book or 2 in that series! Can't wait for this one to come out! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...