Saturday, August 3, 2013

#FlirtSquad #ATOTC Challenge: Who Am I? #AustinMakesMeBlush‬ ‪#AreYOUReadyForAustin‬


So this is Week 1 of the Tale of Two Centuries Challenge for Rachel Harris's Flirt Squad Street Team, to celebrate the release of the book.

For this week we were to share who we are, what our passion is, or what our dream for the future is. I chose to do a collage on who I am. So here we go:

Who Am I? Not only am I a bibliophile, but I am a HUGE anime and manga fan (or Otaku). My favorite anime is Gundam SEED/Destiny, and my favorite manga is Fruits Basket.
















Which flows nicely to drawing. I love trying to draw scenes from manga. I'll look at a scene or two and try to combine them or draw them separately. With the drawing on the collage (which is from Fruits Basket) I took different scenes and combined them into the message I was trying to make with the drawing.



Next, I LOVE taking pictures of the sky. It's never the same each time.


Sewing is a hobby that I really enjoy. I actually made both of my prom dresses. One was for a class project and I finished it the DAY OF prom (that was an extremely stressful dress, but I got an A on it :)), but the second one was just okay. I didn't realize how the color made by look even paler that usual and it didn't fit as well as I would have liked.

And finally, music. I actually used to play the violin in the orchestra when I was in 4/5th grade, but then I moved on to singing in the choir as a soprano until 9th grade. So that's a little bit about who I am!




ABOUT A TALE OF TWO CENTURIES:

A Tale of Two Centuries (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century #2) 
by Rachel Harris 
Expected publication: August 6th 2013 by Entangled Teen 

Add to Goodreads
 
Alessandra D’Angeli is in need of an adventure. Tired of her sixteenth-century life in Italy and homesick for her time-traveling cousin, Cat, who visited her for a magical week and dazzled her with tales of the future, Alessandra is lost. Until the stars hear her plea.

One mystical spell later, Alessandra appears on Cat’s Beverly Hills doorstep five hundred years in the future. Surrounded by confusing gadgets, scary transportation, and scandalous clothing, Less is hesitant to live the life of a twenty-first century teen…until she meets the infuriating—and infuriatingly handsome—surfer Austin Michaels. Austin challenges everything she believes in…and introduces her to a world filled with possibility.

With the clock ticking, Less knows she must live every moment of her modern life while she still can. But how will she return to the drab life of her past when the future is what holds everything she’s come to love?



ABOUT RACHEL HARRIS:

Rachel Harris grew up in New Orleans, where she watched soap operas with her grandmother and stayed up late sneak reading her mama’s favorite romance novels. Now a Cajun cowgirl living in Houston, she still stays up way too late reading her favorite romances, only now, she can do so openly. She firmly believes life’s problems can be solved with a hot, powdered-sugar-coated beignet or a thick slice of king cake, and that screaming at strangers for cheap, plastic beads is acceptable behavior in certain situations.

When not typing furiously or flipping pages in an enthralling romance, she homeschools her two beautiful girls and watches reality television with her amazing husband. Taste The Heat is her adult romance debut. She’s the author of MY SUPER SWEET SIXTEENTH CENTURY and A TALE OF TWO CENTURIES. She loves hearing from readers! Find her atwww.RachelHarrisWrites.com.

Author Links:

www.RachelHarrisWrites.com
http://twitter.com/RachelHarrisYA
http://www.facebook.com/RachelHarrisYA
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5347676.Rachel_Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...