Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Tour: Indestructible Desire by Danielle Jamie (Excerpt)



Indestructible Desire (The Savannah Series #3) 
by Danielle Jamie
Published August 6th 2013

After going through a terrifying ordeal. Savannah has to try and overcome the tragic events that rocked her soul to the very core. With Kayden by her side Savannah tries to piece her life back together. Feeling betrayed, she finds herself struggling to move on with her now fragile life.

Plagued with nightmares, and the fear that she will once again find herself staring in to the face of danger. Savannah shuts herself away from the outside world. In the process pushing away the man she loves and her closest friends. Praying on her weakness, two unlikely people will come together. With the sole purpose of separating Savannah and Kayden when their relationship is on shaky ground.

With past secrets exposed, Exes causing trouble and lovers from the past offering comfort. Will Savannah and Kayden be torn apart for good? Or will their indestructible love for one another be strong enough to withstand the storms coming their way?


Goodreads Link:

Purchase Links:


EXCERPT:

“Kayden, what’s going on? Why won’t anyone tell me what happened? The last thing I remember is eating dinner with Jacob and Zak; after that it’s all a blur. I don’t remember anything after that; I keep trying to recall something…anything. I'm not aware of saying goodbye to them before they left, you coming home from work…nothing. Why was I driving around town, anyways? Was I going to see you?”

Taking in a deep breath, Kayden runs his hands over his face. It’s like he is having a tug-a-war with himself, trying to decide if he should tell me or not. It’s beginning to irritate me. “Kayden…I get it, I was seriously hurt, but I’m awake now. Not telling me what the hell happened to me isn’t fair. Instead of relaxing like everyone keeps telling me to do, I’m just stressing myself out. I’ve been laying here trying so hard to remember, but can’t.”

Glancing towards the door, I can see he’s contemplating telling me. I don’t know if he’s afraid of what my parents will say or do. They all seem to think they have to walk on egg shells around me. “You were in a car accident a few nights ago. I was at work dealing with the issue at Beaumont Industries. You were with Jacob and Zak, Savannah, when your car crashed.”

Why the hell was I with them? Why is it such a big deal for me to know that they were in the car with me? Unless they were not as fortunate as I am. Holding my stomach to try and calm the uneasiness bubbling inside of me, I try my best to work up the courage to ask Kayden my next question. I want to hurry and spit it out before my parents come in and stop him before he can answer me.

“How are they? Are Zak and Jacob okay?” My voice is so shaky the words come out in a whisper; I can barely hear myself speak. As soon as the question leaves my mouth, I instantly question if I really want to know the answer.

Kayden takes my right hand into his, pulling it up to his mouth and kissing it. I can feel his hands shaking as he holds onto me. Not able to look at me, he stares down at out hands entwined together. “You really don’t remember anything from that evening after you had dinner?”

“No! Now please stop dancing around my question and just answer me. I need to know!” My fear is mixing with anger. I just want him to tell me, and not sugar coat anything.

“Jacob is dead…and Zak is missing.” Kayden quickly drops my hand back onto the bed. Standing suddenly, he walks over to the large window beside my bed. For a long time Kayden just stands there looking out the window, as if it pains him to look at me.

I am in shock; I break down and sob uncontrollably in my hospital bed.
I welcome the dull pain shooting through my ribs and head as I cry. The pain helps ease the shock and sadness coursing through me right now and temporarily replacing my thoughts of my friend being dead, and the other, who knows?

Through my teary vision, I see Kayden’s sad features being quickly replaced with anger, his face turning red and his eyes usually a gorgeous green, now looking dark and cold. “Seeing you cry for the loss of Jacob’s life, it shows just how much of a sweet and loving person you are, Savannah. It’s too bad they couldn’t appreciate your big heart.”

I am so confused right now. Jacob and Zak were nothing but amazing towards me and him over these last few weeks. “What are you talking about, Kayden?”

Pacing back and forth at the foot of my bed, Kayden runs both hands through his hair. This time gripping hair into both fists and pulling so hard that he winces in pain. Like me, he seems to welcome the pain he’s inflicting on himself. Something is eating away at the very soul of the man I love. “There is more Savannah, and I want to tell you, I really do, but I am terrified what learning the truth will do to you. Christ, Savannah! I just got you back.”


About this Author:

I am 28 and a mother of 3 wonderful kids. Madison 9 Bailey 5 and Finn 22months. I run a successful online boutique, Bailey Booper’s Boutique; many of my items featured on Teen Mom 2. I live in a small town in NY with my husband of 10 years, enjoying my happily ever after. My perfect day is spending time at the beach, I love the Ocean. I’m an outdoorsy type of girl; every chance I get I’m outside walking or running around with my kids.

I have been writing for as long as I can remember but I finally decide to peruse my dreams of sharing my stories with the world when I published my first Novel Irresistible Desire back in March.

Author Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...