Thursday, July 26, 2012

SWOON Thursday (#28): Before I Wake by Rachel Vincent

Hosted by YA Bound

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering. Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog! We want to know :-)

Here's mine:

"Can't say I blame them. As scars go, it's pretty damn sexy." Tod grinned and pushed the hem of my shirt up to expose the straight, pinkish line of raised tissue on my stomach. His fingers traced it slowly and chills gathered just below my navel. Then he lowered his head and followed that line again with a series of soft kisses. I closed my eyes and gripped handfuls of my comforter, and those chills at my center became a fire that burned deep inside me.

Suddenly that scar was my very favorite part of my body.

"No fair," I moaned. "Only you could make me love the wound that killed me."

"Never underestimate the therapeutic power of a few well-placed kisses," he mumbled against my skin.
- Before I Wake SWOON #YABound

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...